Robert McCray from Baytown , TX United States
I have used many kinds of water treatment products to remove chlorine. I have also added water during a water change and not used a dechlorinating product. I've never had a problem. This product does make me feel better though being that it is all natural. It will last you a long time too, depending on much water you change and how often. I use a baby medicine syringe and dose the correct amount for each gallon... 0.5ml if I remember correctly. It works great in controlled settings. I even took some tap water and added pool chlorine and used this product and testing 5 minutes after reduced the chlorine to 0. I did not add that water to the tank however. One thing I have noticed though is this product does seem to cause false high readings on ammonia levels if using test strips versus the API liquid test master kit. Don't know why.